We wanted to remind everyone of a few items so that we can prepare for the Sanford show in October. This is the 4th Friday opening at the welcome center and there will be addition activities with the art walk also taking place that same evening.
The Sanford Welcome Center 230 East First Street Sanford, Fl, 32771
The ALOC Exhibit is scheduled for October 24th 2014, the Forth Friday of the month. The Art walk starts at 6PM and continues until 9PM, live music and lots of art.
The theme is “Water, Land, Skies “If you have not signed up yet please contact Thomas Carmon (email@example.com) (321-594-1971), or Alan Lindenmuth (firstname.lastname@example.org) 321-217-8075 so that we can add you to your list.
Delivery of art needs to be before Tuesday October 21st, all entrants must have their current dues paid to participate.
- If you have your art work is ready by the October 18th ALOC meeting bring it into the meeting. Alan and Tom will then transport your artwork to Sanford.
- We are allowing 2 pieces ($10.00 for each piece).
- The show is open to all mediums (painting, ceramics, sculptures, photography).
- Please be sure to clearly label and price your work, also be sure to wrap it if you want us to transport the work, bubble wrap works well. Please be sure to have your work framed or gallery wrapped, and remember to have it wired in the back for hanging.
- The artwork needs to be removed no later than Monday November 24th or Tuesday November 25th.
As noted in the last newsletter and announced at the meeting, there is a 10% commission for pieces sold during the event, and a 35% commission for pieces sold while hanging after the Friday event.
Cash prizes provided by the Sanford welcome center include.
Best in Show $100.00
People’s Choice $50.00
The juried ALOC reception will be Sunday November 9th between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm. Ribbons will be awarded.
Main contacts for show participation are Thomas Carmon (email@example.com) 321-594-1971, and Alan Lindenmuth (firstname.lastname@example.org) 321-217-8075