- Board Meeting: 12:00 Noon
- General Meeting beings 1:30 PM
- General Announcements, 50 / 50, Social Activities, Brunch Pot Luck (bring some food to share, there will be some soft drinks and coffee.
- Demonstration: 2:00 pm
This month’s demonstration is by watercolor artist Tom Jones.
Those of you who participate in the Artist Trading cards please feel free to bring your cards for trading.
The Sanford Welcome Center 230 East First Street Sanford, Fl, 32771
The ALOC Exhibit is scheduled for October 24th 2014, the Forth Friday of the month. The Art walk starts at 6PM and continues until 9PM, live music and lots of art.
The theme is “Water, Land, Skies
Delivery of art needs to be before Tuesday October 21st, all entrants must have their current dues paid to participate. The deadline for entry is Oct 11th. As discussed at the last meeting, and in the new blast for artists opportunities, and in emails sent to individuals on the sign-up sheet if you did not supply us with the label information you will not be able to show your work.
If you have your art work is ready by the October 18th ALOC meeting bring it into the meeting. Alan and Tom will then transport your artwork to Sanford.
- We are allowing 2 pieces ($10.00 for each piece).
- The show is open to all mediums (painting, ceramics, sculptures, photography).
- Please be sure to clearly label and price your work, also be sure to wrap it if you want us to transport the work, bubble wrap works well. Please be sure to have your work framed or gallery wrapped, and remember to have it wired in the back for hanging.
- The artwork needs to be removed no later than Monday November 24th or Tuesday November 25th.
As noted in the last newsletter and announced at the meeting, there is a 10% commission for pieces sold during the event, and a 35% commission for pieces sold while hanging after the Friday event.
Cash prizes provided by the Sanford welcome center include.
- Best in Show $100.00
- People’s Choice $50.00
The juried ALOC reception will be Sunday November 9th between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm. Ribbons will be awarded.
Main contacts for show participation are Thomas Carmon (firstname.lastname@example.org) 321-594-1971, and Alan Lindenmuth (email@example.com) 321-217-8075