Artist Call to all ALOC Members!!
ALOC Juried Art Exhibit at the Casselberry Art House** — October 2015
Exhibit dates: October 1st 2015 till October 28th 2015
Reception: Saturday October 10th 2015 between 6-8 PM
Theme: “FLORIDA YEAR ROUND” – all artwork must reflect this specific theme.
Deadline to enter: Saturday, September 5th 2015 (see instructions at bottom of this document).
**ALOC Members must be up to date with their annual dues to participate.
Artwork Drop off date – Option #1:
Please bring your artwork to the Casselberry Art House
127 Quail Pond Circle, Casselberry, FL 32707
Wednesday, September, 30th 2015 between 11:00AM-2:00 PM (no later than 2pm).
- One artwork per artist [2D or 3D].
- Bring a $10 check for entry fee made out to ALOC.
- Bring the Casselberry Art House’s contract form, filled out and signed (the form is attached to his email).
Artwork Drop off date – Option #2:
.At the General ALOC Meeting at The Beardall Senior on Saturday, September 19 (during the meeting hours only)
- Remember to bring your $10 check made out to ALOC and the signed CAH form.
Artwork Pick-up date
- Will be announced at the ALOC Meeting on Saturday, September 19.
Requirements for the artwork:
- One artwork entry per participant (not shown at other ALOC exhibits)
- No larger than 24″x 36″ with or without frame.
- Gallery wrap is acceptable.
- Artwork must be WIRED on the back (Unfortunately if there is no wire the artwork WILL NOT BE HUNG)
- Please place a label on the back of your artwork with your name and contact information.
This will be a juried exhibit with ribbons [No cash prizes].
·A total of 5 winning ribbons will be awarded: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place and two Honorable mentions.
·Our Judge will be Robert E. Mier, an artist from Sanford, Florida. Visit Robert’s website here: http://www.artnatureflorida.com
For the Reception on Saturday October 10th 2015 from 6-8 PM:
- Please bring snacks (such as finger foods, shrimp, deviled eggs, cut fruit, nuts, cheese, chips, etc.), and beverages such as wine or soda.
- Fruit Punch, glasses, plates, flatware and napkins will be provided.
- We need volunteers for Reception set-up and clean-up.
- Sign-up sheets will be provided at the ALOC Meeting on Saturday, September 19 for both the food and the volunteers.
Deadline to enter the ALOC “FLORIDA YEAR ROUND” exhibit:
Please send the following information NO LATER than Saturday, September 5, 2015 (no exceptions) to Eliza Pineau Casler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- name of artist, title of original work, size, medium used, & price
For 3D artwork only: let us know if you need a Pedestal. Plus we need: Height, width, and depth of your artwork.
NOTE: The Casselberry Art House will use the information provided to produce Name Tags and exhibit’s Price list for each submitted artwork.
–For those interested in having their artwork featured on our ALOC exhibit’s publicity postcard and for press release purposes, we will need jpegs of your artwork NO LATER than Saturday, September 5 (same day as the deadline to enter).
–Please note that a maximum of 4 images will be chosen for this purpose.
–In your email that includes your entry submission, please state that you wish for your artwork to be considered, and include a good quality .jpg image (about 1 MGB).
Artist League of Orange County