Theatrix! is a call for all things dramatic, including art that addresses theatrical productions, breathtaking performances, dramatic and timeless issues, documentation of dramatic moments, situations or stories, and abstracts communicating a sense of the dramatic in life. From the grand and glorious to the tragic and grim, submissions addressing the cinematic qualities of life, on or off stage, are welcomed. Examples include: Greek Tragedies, Shakespearean Plays, Modern Plays from the 1800s to now, as well as Novels that have been made into theatrical productions.
Rules For Submission:
- This is a Juried Exhibition; Submission is free. You will not charged a fee unless your art is accepted into the exhibit. The fee will go towards our promotional and advertising costs.
- The submission fee is $10 for up to four (4) pieces for jurying. Submission fees are due on delivery day.
- Payment is a 50/50 split. Understand that CityArts Factory receives 25%; Art For All Spaces receives 25%; and you the artist receive 50%. Please price your artwork accordingly.
- All submissions must be in email by April 5th 2017. All submissions are to be emailed to email@example.com
All submissions must include a photo of each artwork to be considered. Please label your photos with the artist name and artwork title (ex. JohnSmith_TheaterStillLife.jpeg)
- Please include the title, medium, and price for each artwork submitted.
- All submissions must include a written statement concerning the relevance of your work to the theme; Please do not submit an artist biography – only a statement about the artwork. Please limit the length of your statement to no more than a paragraph or two. We will print your statements to accompany your artwork at the exhibit.
- If multiple submissions fall under the same topic, only one artist statement is necessary.
Notification of acceptance or denial will be handled through email no later than April 9th.
- All mediums are acceptable: paintings, mixed media, photography, digital, sculpture, etc. If you have questions, please call or email using the contact info below.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be ready to install (this means wired). Sculptors must have their own pedestals. Any work delivered that is not ready to be installed will be rejected outright.
- Delivery of artwork and payment of jury fee will be on Saturday April 15th and Monday April 17th at CityArts Factory in Downtown Orlando between the hours of 11am-6pm.
Any questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 407-450-2255
Art For All Spaces is Orlando’s Art Advocates. We provides artist representation as well as curatorial services for commercial and residential spaces, event production and promotion.